5.31.2007

What have you knit for me lately?

I think I may be the worst blogger ever. I have been knitting, but I'm painfully lazy, and so I never upload photos so I never have anything to talk about!

Anyway, I've finished the Angelina Cardigan from White Lies Designs. Sometimes I forget how truly fun it is to work from a tight, well-written pattern. Joan's patterns are concise, but not obscure. How many knitting magazines patterns read something like "Then decrease using the method one Finnish knitter with no internet access made up, and we have chosen not to illustrate here"? Not so with Joan. This pattern has No. ERRATA. None. I'm so used to patterns having at least something wrong with them. Joan has spoiled me.

All right, enough of my yammering, and on to the sweater. Since a majority of people on Knitty seem to loathe the mirror self-portrait, and I still haven't trained my cats to be photographers, these first two are non-modelled shots.

The front:

The back:

So today, I had an idea. I always like to see a project on several body types. I mean, EVERYTHING looks good on the 12-year old models you see in fashion mags.

I started nice and normal, with an accomodating Nine Rubies employee:

I love that I can show up, say "Hey, I want to use one of your for my blog!" and they are TOTALLY cool with that.

But you know, you've got to find the non-standard body types too...

In case you ever wondered:

Yup, looks good on dogs.

But we're not done:

Yes, it even looks good on men! ;) Now THAT'S a pattern!

Coming soon: Yours truly tries her hand at Mosiac knitting, and my descent back into Noro-love

5 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Angelina turned out absolutely STUNNING! It is always good to see it modeled on LYS employees/shoppers, men, and dogs. That was great!

Thanks for the review on White Lies patterns. That makes them so much more drool worthy. :)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good to hear that I am "nice and normal: :-).

6:13 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

great post! everyone, including the dog, wears it well. the sweater is beautiful.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Goodness, it's stunning! It's on my must knit list, and it's so good to hear it doesn't have any errata. Even looks nice on guys and dogs! : )

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks fabulous!! Love the dog picture the best :) Love the color you chose too!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home