8.10.2006

Poor Neglected Socks

As much as I'm a yarn slut, sometimes a project takes over my life, and nothing else gets worked on. That was the case with my poor neglected Embossed Leaf Socks from last Winter's Interweave Knits. They had several strikes against them - a) it got stupidly hot in the Bay Area, so knitting with wool was Out Of The Question, b) standard Second Sock Syndrome, Squared, because I'd already made these socks for my mothers' birthday in April.

Interestingly enough, my gauge apparently has also suffered a HUGE shift. The second sock was finished on the same needles, but it's roomier and longer than the first one. All you have to do is look at the stitch difference. I don't know what happened; it never changed needles, and I've been so stressed out that I wouldn't think my knitting would loosen that much. Anyway, here's pictures, the "second" sock is the sock on the left:



On the job front, as many of you know, I left my position because the harassment and comments from my boss had gotten to the point where I couldn't deal with them anymore. I'd talked with our San Francisco office, and been told they had a position for me, I'd be great for it, etc. etc. They said to talk to my boss about pursuing it anyway, so I kept that in mind when I gave my two weeks' notice. That was almost two weeks ago. Now? It's "oh, you need to send in a resume," and "oh, well, we're evaluating the position, so it'll be at least another week before we make a decision."

The delicate readers might want to cover their ears for a moment...

....


....

What the EVERLIVING FUCK? I bow out gracefully so the company doesn't get embroiled in Ye Olde Lawsuit of Doom, and this is how they treat me? Come fucking on. Ugh, it makes me so incredibly pissed.

And that's why I'm surprised at my second (giant) sock. Neat how I tied that all together, huh?
Oy.

1 Comments:

Blogger chacha / Jen said...

Sorry to hear about the job issues. What a royal pain. :(

The socks look good, even considering the gauge problem. I love the yarn you used!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home