7.17.2006

Lace Gone Wild, and some Stash Enhancing

After much talking about it, I've finally gotten yarn and cast on for the Icarus Shawl from Interweave Knits summer 2006 issue. Seems like most of the knitting blog world is doing this shawl, and much as I hate to be the conformist type - lordy is it pretty. I'm using Misti Baby Alpaca and I'm constantly stopping to fondle the teeny bit of shawl I've knit so far. Soooo springy and soft!

And, much to my delight, I've finally gotten ahold of some Fleece Artist silk lace via eBay. I can't WAIT till it gets here. I picked up "A Gathering of Lace" and will probably make one of the circular shawls therein. While I was on eBay, I noticed Mystical Creations Yarns had a gorgeous wool/silk blend in pretty shiny blues. Anyone who knows me knows I can't resist anything with tropical blues and greens. It's a sickness.

Current Project Breakdown:
Log-Cabin Blanket - Probably going to end up as an ottoman cozy
Embossed Leaf Socks - Halfway done with the second sock
Prairie Tunic - Hahahhahahahha
Third Cabled Hat - All I've done so far is the roll-brim. Possibly the hat madness has ceased to affect me.
Icarus Shawl - About 30 rows. DAMN those are tiny charts.

So much for my attempts to finish some projects before I started another shawl. Ah well.

In non-knitting news, the weekend was a rousing success. The Hussies Three went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and man was Johnny Depp hot in that. I'm even beginning to see the appeal of Orlando Bloom (in the words of fellow Hussy's sister: "He's actually got some facial expression in this movie.") We followed the movie up with cake and martinis, and started our morning the next day with some SUPER yummy Christian Bale in Equilibrium. As a side note, if you like sci-fi, you MUST see this movie. It's got a much smaller budget than some of these films, but is still very effective.

Mmmm.... Christian Bale.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home