6.29.2007

Y'all know what time it is...

It's Friday, and it's a return to form with some very special sock yarn.

Every time Socks that Rock starts to ship out, I turn into a little kid about the mail. I race home from work wondering, "Is it here yet?" Well, last Saturday, this turned up in the mailbox...

Yeah, probably it's Socks that Rock, but until you open it you never know...

Yup, definitely Socks that Rock! And ooooooh, the pretty colours...

A lot of people have asked "What do we do with the mini-skein?" I have no idea, but it does make a great way to embarrass the hell out of your boyfriend:

I still can't believe I got him to sit still for that.

Here's the goodies that came with:

On the left is a card with different pictures of this month's yarn in the dye process. The Dyer's Notes this month were really sweet, and I like that there was no "Let me tell you, the buyer, why you're WRONG WRONG WRONG" attitude unlike the Grasshopper shipment. The pattern is brilliant - it comes with instructions for toe up AND cuff down. I'm still not convinced that I like short-row heels, but it fits in really well with the design of the pattern - which is just stunning!

Finally, just the yarn...


I don't even want to use it up, it's so pretty. But this month's socks are a definite MUST knit for me.

In other news, I got another thing I'd been lusting after: My invite to Ravelry! The set-up is amazing, and I'm constantly fascinated by just how clever it is. It's amazing to enter a project and then instantly be able to see who else is working on something and what yarn they've chosen. I still have a ton of work to do on my profile - I plan to spend a part of this weekend updating my stash photos (I'm going to at least try to admit to my total stash) and needle collection. If you're on Ravelry, look me up! My screenname there is LaCane.

If you haven't signed up yet, do it! The wait list is still fairly long, but the two designers are going to work on it full time, so they've said they expect to start plowing through the list very soon.

Coming Soon: Um... More Arietta

3 Comments:

Blogger ccr in MA said...

I can't believe you got him to let you take that picture, and post it! Does he know you posted it? Really?

That's some nice, nice yarn, by the way. I may have to think about the STR club next year... I haven't been fully sockborged yet, but if it happens...

Oh, by the way, consider this an if-you-want-to meme tag. Visit my blog and check out the details. No rush, no pressure, whatever.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Zardra said...

Oooo.. now I'm curious to hear more about why you the buyer are wrong! I decided not to re-up for the STR club cause the price increase was too much for me, so I miss out onthese things.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there,

I don't have your e-mail address, but I wanted to send you this link re: a big error in the Morrigan pattern. I don't think you have gotten here yet, so it will save you some headaches: http://nosheepkal.blogspot.com/2007/07/red-alert-error-in-morrigan.html

See you at the sale on 7/7, I hope.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home