6.18.2007

Actual Arietta Progress

Well, despite having survived last week entirely on Stress and Frappucinos, I did manage to stick to my goal of working on the WIPs. I did NOT cast on for anything new (I know, I know!). I've made progress on the Grasshopper sock, but the damn thing is wildly uninteresting to look at. I mean, "Look! One inch of... more p2tog yo."

Anyway! The last time we saw Arietta, she looked like this:

Now she looks like this:

I've got a few more inches to go up the back, and then it's time to move on to the fronts. I have to admit, a cardigan on size 3 needles is slow going. Still, the result is lovely, and I think worth it.

In case anyone's interested, here's a closeup of the pattern itself:

I still haven't made up my mind if I like those purl bumps. The pattern says that it adds texture, but I think I like a slightly smoother fabric. Of course, we've yet to block, so who knows what'll happen to it then.

Someone on the Knittyboard was considering making the new Unmentionables pattern from the same yarn I'm using, Shine Sport, and was told it was too heavy a yarn. I never thought so until I got this far in the cardigan back (it's so light in the skein) - this is going to be a sweater with WEIGHT. I'd be worried if it wasn't the yarn the pattern called for.

That's it for this Monday - with any luck this week will allow me to get more done. I know "in progress" pictures are infinitely less interesting than "look! it's done!" pictures. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger ccr in MA said...

Personally, I'm pretty fond of "in progress" pictures, too, once the object in question gets to the point of visible progress. It's the whole Knitting is Magic thing: "Look, something's happening! How cool is that?" So thanks for sharing, it looks good!

11:02 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Wow! that sweater is going to be nice. I really need to sit down and figure out how to do some colorwork!

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home