2.18.2007

The Series of Tubes is Complete

Yesterday I put the finishing touches on my Heelless Sleeping Socks! Of the three sock patterns I've done out of this book now, I think these have turned out to be my favourite.

I was worried they were going to be too skinny for my legs, because the cast-on is only 48 stitches on size 2 needles. I wasn't too sure about the lack of heel either. Luckily...

They fit like a dream! The pattern makes for a good soft grip on your legs, so there's no sliding around in them. They stretch to accomodate the heel quite well, putting to rest my fears about "Oh no! No Heel!" And I can say that I have slept in them, and they handle a good nap quite well. No slipping down around the ankle, no twisting and cutting off circulation. Comfy, did I mention comfy? I absolutely love having silk in my sock yarn... it makes me me feel so spoiled.

All in all, a very good sock.

Next on my list of vintage knits is the Gentleman's Fancy Sock. I suspect these will take much longer to knit as they are on size 0 *gulp* needles. Still, the delightfully bright Schaefer Anne makes the work more than worth it.

4 Comments:

Blogger String said...

So lovely and shiny, I want me some of what she's having.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Baywood Yarns said...

Wow, you can knit up a pair of socks a lot faster than I can! They seem too pretty to hide under the sheets.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Pretty! And I really love the yarn. I don't think I've ever seen shimmery sock yarn before. With the pinks, it looks like mother of pearl.

What yarn is that again? Is it the Baywood sock yarn you were talking about a couple of posts down?

7:12 AM  
Blogger Ducktastic said...

Batty,

Yes, that is the Baywood sock yarn, in the 50/50 wool/silk blend. I believe the colourway is "Once upon a Pink"

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home