2.28.2007

Sweaters and SEX

Hooray for Stash-Enhancing-X-peditions! But before I get to the yarn pron (boy, this is a dirty post already, and I haven't even gotten a paragraph in), I want to show off my Eris Sweater so far. Those of you who've known me for a while know I did this sweater a while back in KnitPicks Andean Silk. It's a gorgeous sweater (deeeeeep wine red/purple), but I was a beginner and my cables were Not. So. Good (sort of the understatement of the century, really). It's hard for me to wear the sweater knowing how many mistakes there are, because I have crazy bastard OCD tendencies and am convinced that everyone is staring at my sweater going "Oh my god, she TOTALLY screwed up that p2tog tbl. What a loser!" So I took out the basic raglan sweater I was knitting out of grey Malabrigo and started on Eris the Second.

Here's the body so far. I'm working on the hem right now, which is knit on sideways:

(By the way, because I'm vain I have to say this - I'm making this oversized. I do not require my sweater to be that wide, I'm just going for comfort. That is all. :))

Here's a detail of the hem, which I find just so frigging neat in its construction:

And a close-up of the collar.

Yeah, I'm a big (dirty-minded) show-off. I know.

Now to the important part of this blog: The yarn pron! I know I shouldn't buy yarn so soon after the Stitches West insanity, but I was having A Day (tm). Mercury has gone retrograde and taken my peace of mind with it. It was either retail therapy or real therapy, and this still worked out to be cheaper.

The Haul:

6 skeins of Malabrigo in a colourway called Violetas destined to be the Three Sisters Jacket (from Cheryl Oberle - google, I'm too lazy to add links today) and...


More Baywood Sock yarn in the Luxury blend. I'm so lucky this dyer still likes me, because I really do take god-awful photos of her yarn. It's so shiny and yummy in person, and this picture totally does not do it justice. I don't have plans for these yet, but I felt better buying them. ;)

Also, I will buy ANYTHING with pretty shades of blue. I am a freaking nut for tropical blues. So "Waves"? Best. Colourway. For. Me. EVER. Thank you Baywood lady, I love you in the most platonic non-stalker-y way. Please make more. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing collar. And if you can't brag to the knitting community then who can you brag to?

And the new yarn? What will become of this? Some socks?

2:06 PM  
Blogger Ducktastic said...

The new yarn is most definitely sock yarn! I haven't picked patterns yet, but I may do a few more Heel-less sleeping socks and keep them as presents for when Christmas rolls around.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

I followed you over from your comment on The Yarn Harlot to tell you that yes, it would be completely wrong to wish that kind of whether on California. I'm currently living in Chicago (in the midst of a snowstorm) and moving to Cali as soon as I'm done with my degree and I'm glad to be getting away from winter for awhile! Although, now that I'm here, I see that you are in the Bay Area and I am going to the LA area which are sufficiently far appart for you to have snow and me not. :) So wish for snow all you like.

Love the sweater--that collar is gorgeous!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Baywood Yarns said...

I'm making more as soon as my undyed shipment arrives!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home